With the Vision being as new as it is and sort of a mystery to many I wanted to start a list of Vision Facts that can be built upon as time goes on. It can be a source of trivia and should anwer the curious questions. Please feel free to comment or message me to add more to the list.
1) You sit in a Vision, not on it. The Victory Vision provides a cockpit feel unlike any other motorcycle. The seat height is the lowest in its class, Touring, providing low center of gravity that puts man and machine together.
2) Arlen Ness did not design the Vision, he had input, but did not pick up the pen.
3) The Vision is Victorys first Touring Motor cycle. The Touring Cruiser was a Cruiser bagged with bolt on fairing. The Vision is much like the Goldwing in that the bags and fairing are the bike.
4) The Victory Vision uses ABS Plastic and contains more plastic then even of any Polaris ATV's. ABS Plastic is a strong durable plastic used in the automotive industry.
5) The Victory Vision was revealed January 2007 after 6 plus years of industry secrecy.
6) May 2007 was the first production model with a VIN.
7) The Victory Vision is actually two models in one: The Street and The Tour. The Street is the Tour without the Trunk and vice versa.
8) The Engine is middle part of the frame, to remove the engine the front and rear sections are removed, leaving only the engine and transmission.
9) The Oil Filter is the same as the GoldWing.GL1800.
10) The Battery is the same as the GoldWing GL1800.
11) The front and rear tires are the same as the GoldWing GL1800.
12) The fuel storage is a split tank with cross-over tubes holding a total of 6 gallons.
13) The Vision only has one rear shock, and is pressurized by air.