Victory Riders Network

The online community for riders & enthusiasts of Victory Motorcycles

Hi all,
Loving the site and reading a lot of the discussions that people are having.
I've got a 2010 Cross Country Arlen Ness skull model, and love her. She has cams, single fire msd ignition coils, nice big slip ons and a stage 5 power commander fitted plus approx 12 inch apes, SO comfortable when riding. I've just done a custom Fusion marine stereo install on her myself. To replace original stereo was rediculously expensive, and not powerful enough. The Fusion unit has a 50 watt X 4 built in amp, which I use to run the new 140 watt rms speakers in the fairing, waterproof as well, and also power the 5 1/4 inch 3 ways I mounted in the lower front of my pannier bags, just measured and cut the holes out for the speakers, again waterproof. Last I'm thinking of still adding is 2 X 400 watt 8 inch subs on the insides of my pannier bags for that extra bass... The system sounds unreal and is so much louder and cleaner than the stock one would ever have been. Just finishing up the housing I've made on top of the dash and under the windscreen, and the spot the display used to be for the factory stereo is now where my iPhone 6 plugs in and hides in a little waterproof cover I made up. The unit uses my iPhone like an iPod and plays the tracks either via Bluetooth or the usb plug, which is what I use. The factory ariel plugged straight into the unit, too many adds to listen to the radio nowadays. And I could mount a microphone on my bars and answer and make calls via Bluetooth as well, but not interested in the phone part when I'm out riding. Will check my phone when I stop for missed calls or messages.
Anyway I'm wondering if anyone here has, or is thinking about getting a 116 big bore kit fitted? If so what kit and where would you get it fitted please?
I've ordered a 26 inch front wheel kit from Vicbaggers in the States, complete with wheel, tyre fitted and balanced and everything else needed to fit the big wheel... Plus I've ordered a 1 to 2 1/2 inch lowering arm to suit the rear end of my bike as well...
Love the look of the big wheel fronts and low in the back baggers.
Saw absolutely heaps of them at Sturgis this year when there, and a lot of nice Victorys over there as well... Sure beats the same old looking Harley's you could buy at twice the price instead, and they handle shit compared to our Victorys...
Anyway thanks in advance for having a read about what sort of info and help I'm chasing, as well as my little blurb about my girl to date... Will definitely post some pics as I go along with the mods I'm going to do, as I'll do the front big wheel conversion myself as well as fit the rear lowering arm, although I'll get the 116 big bore kit done by someone you guys recommend for me...
Take care, ride fast, ride hard but ride safe...
Watch out for those bloody car drivers...
Cheers,
Michael "Doc" Floyd

Views: 61

Attachments:

Reply to This

Events

Victory Riders on Facebook

Follow The Victory Riders Network on Twitter

Get notification of the latest activity happening on the Victory Riders Network or any of the model specific sites in one place.
www.twitter.com/vrnetwork

Members

© 2017   Created by Victory Riders.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service