Victory Riders Network

The online community for riders & enthusiasts of Victory Motorcycles

So you purchased a Victory, hmmm did you make the right purchase? Did you get the model you went into the store to buy? Do you love your bike? Are you having a great time with your bike?

I have had my hammer for a few years now and I couldn't be happier with my model and my purchase.  I couldn't be happier with the service I get in store. Scotty, Grant, Jamie, Mel and all the tech staff always give me the thumbs up of welcome when in the store.

But I didn't buy the bike so I could get a coffee, even though it is nice to be offered one every now and then.

My work restricts my time in the saddle, but when I get the opportunity I love getting out to ride. I have met some great people along the journey and that's what Victory introduced us too. The journey is important, the  different Victory model bikes, owners and their partners. what a fantastic group Victory motorcycles introduced us into.

When all the current crap disappears the fact that we all ride a quality machine, eye catcher's and stand out machine with people we know have similar ideals in motorcycles is what it is about.

As owners we cannot speak too highly of our machines, even with the negativity of the site. The bikes still are top of the tree. The people we meet and greet, top of the tree.

If you can't get a big cheezy grin when your on your Victory, if you can't give a positive spin on your victory ride, if you can't give a positive spin on the fun you have had on the rides. Best you sell your victory and buy a scoota.

Tell us all why you purchased your Victory, what's so special about it, whats your story, I love my Victory and as we continue to grow as a group and spice up our machines, the heads just keep turning. I am truly thankful for the opportunity to ride a quality machine and meet people who I consider are the top of the tree.

Remember "Hammers" rule

Colin

Views: 2903

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A fair bit of negativity hanging about, so on a positive note, just an up date on the "Batbike" re build, Melbourne team has removed the tin's and off to the airbrush artist Shaun Farugia they have gone. Shaun is also doing some more art on the cowl being fitted as the superfly above the head light. All replacement items are on the way and we hope to have the Batbike back on the road by mid July.

Vic-Tri Chief M/cycles are quoting up some new derby covers for me and will then manufacture them for the Batbike.

Remember they do more than just servicing, give them a call or drop them a line, I am sure you won't be disappointed... Stay tuned for the new look "Batbike"

Hi Colin

Your post is spot on, and in some ways I can relate too. I purchased my Kingpin new from Eliz. st Melb in 2009. I loved this style bike so much I had it taken to a custom shop and had a custom paint job done on her as well as nearly every accessory and chrome I could get my hands on.

Trouble is, as you say, work and other things restrict my riding. So much so that the Kingpin has only just clicked over 2600 K's (since new).

I do have a query though, when the bike sits for so long without riding, should the oil be changed anyway? I have a battery conditioner attached as well as put fuel conditioner in the tank.

And I do always smile when I see her in the garage, let alone out on the road, (when I can)

Cheers

Hi Brian & Judy,

Good to hear you love the victory brand, would love to catch up on one of the monthly rides, but I do know what you mean. You can also post a ride for when you are available and see how many jump on board. think you would get a few.

I have read that engines left for long periods should have the fluids replaced prior to using them, also been told that Penrite oil helps reduce the gear box noise we get when changing gear.

enjoy your ride (when you can) and look forward to catching up down the track soon.

Colin

thanks Colin, thats th best feed back i have heard for a very long time from a customer, i am hapy that you like the bike, i own a hammer s, blue and white, and i spent alot of money on this bike and it gets attention where ever it goes, regardless of the type of victory that you have people are keen to listen, thanks ate for your reply 

Hi Stephen,

The Hammer's are a great looking machine and although Victory supply a custom style bike in the Jackpot variety (Great machine as well) For me it was the Hammer. I love the fact that the "Victory" brand gives so much licence to change and custom up the models which ever way your taste goes.

Enjoy your ride man

Let it be known I nearly jumped on a Fat Boy, if not for walking into the Victory shop i would have bought one, my first impression of the Jackpot was mind blowing, the day I took it out for a test ride , I was sold.

I could not tell you enough of how much enjoyment I get when i'm on the bike, she rides like a wild beast ready to pounce on any Harley within her sight, she sounds like Godzilla pissed off, she purs like a kitten when out on the highways, when stationery she attracts the the eyes of admirers like thousands at any Bikini catwalk competition.

As for the staff at Victory shop, Scotty, Grant, Jamie, Mel and tech staff, they are fantastic, with Daryl on board again, it can only become perfect.

I LOVE MY BIKE!!!!!!!

The Hammers my rule BUT the Jackpots REIGN the road 

Great to hear Mr Green Hornet  lmao, it is good to see you getting so much pleasure out of your jackpot, I have never heard a bad word spoken about the Jackpot. Unless of course you ride a hammer   lmao.

Great story Kevin and I am sure you have impressed someone looking at changing over to a J'pot, enjoy your ride and yes, the Melbourne store does "Rock". But what rocks more..................................All the Victory owners cause you all make it happen!

So what fires your passion this time of year? Get your wet gear out and just go for it, the Batbike will be up and about late next week with a few more added items and changes. Victory in Melbourne have been keeping me up dated so we know what is happening and when. Pretty soon you will see the Batbike back on the rides along with the other Victory/Indian riders Not too many more changes I'd like to do, maybe Derby cover designs and a change to the tail light section. Look forward to catching  you all on the road at the next ride.

I can feel an around the bay ride coming on so just keep watching the VRN for details..........................

RIDE one You`ll OWN one !!!     I DID I DO !!!   Well got to 50yo and decided to get bike licence, bought a Suzi GS 500f. Went into Victory as heard of them through Frank(now back at Victory Melb) Was made to feel real welcome at shop and told could come on shop rides even on Suzi. Did few shop rides and was just amazed at the feed back of all the Victory riders and there love of these brilliant machines,       

A good mate said lets take one out test ride mmmmmm No full licence he said he`ll take it out Weekend. We headed down Phillip island way for the weekend it pissed down all the way mate Dan on Tequila Jackpot.We arrived and Dan said loved it and could not believe the whole package was so supperior than any Harley he`d ridden or owned.

Day 2 We took off Jackpot flew of from the lights and other mate flew past me on the back wheel going through all gears up the road. I new then this was going to be a weekend to remember, Bit aprehensive to ride Jackpot kept saying i`ll have a go bit later , Got Wilsons prom they said nows the time bucko. they watch me take of got round first few corners wow this GROUSE. Stopped at bottom at Prom mates couldn`t stop laughing :)))))))))))))) Faaaaark man look at your smile.

I new there and then this is it. Went to shop drop bike off walked up to Scott gave him couple grand said 1 Tequila JACKPOT please, still had 6 mths to get full licence.. Made it my goal to pay it off by time i pick it up, LOL was in shop pretty well every week, did shop rides (SUZI) and was asked to do TASSIE tour,what on Suzi??? Yep did Tassie WOW !!

Next couple mnths must drove Scotty mad, i`ll  have this and that  and and and..Thankfully i bumped into George Red Jackpot who does work at Panel Beaters (Ferraris Mazeratis ect) Which bike ya buying Rosco?? showed him Tequila JP, With such passion in his voice told me this would look great with 5 coats clear with candy Gold couple coats of clear with Pearl.... How Much George $1500.. Best thing did to bike AWSOME !!!!

Went to bike expo saw sales guys there they said mite have good news bikes dropped by 4ks,, Straight to see Scotty Monday do i get new price ??? Scotty went upstairs came down still not sure, I said take 4ks of and I`ll by mags, 10 minutes later i`m choising Mags Matching brake discs and pulley, Oh now i can get 280 rear ...

Nearly 20k extas later new painted tin work just turned up 1 week to go.Came in and gave Scotty last couple grand.45ks later,, signed paper work.The work shop crue worked back to get bike all togeather. Scotty wouldn`t let me see bike last couple of weeks AGONY but well worth it, Full licence Sunday shop not open Faaaark . Don`t worry Scotty and Julzes to the rescue  we`ll drop bike off Saturday arvo.... Havn`t looked back since (only to see where the Harlies are).

12,500 ks Suzi 1st year now had JACPOT 14 mths just clocked 17,700 ks hasn`t missed a beat..The Proudest Victory owner out there ...

Thanks to all at the shop and all the GREAT friends i`ve made though the VICTORY family  JACKPOTS RULE... ROSCO                 

Nice work Rosco - Jackpots Rule...!!

A fantastic story that you can be proud of man, absolutely loved it, lets hope we can get some of the other owners inspired to tell us their stories.

A very passionate Victory owner is the "Gold Member" and it's great to have him on board with his Jackpot, not sure if they rule  lmao, but I am sure there up there.

Come on Victory & Indian owners, tell us your story

Victory Rules!...it's just a matter of personal taste as to what flavour.

Me I love my 2010 Vegas 100/6 Low (Freedom slash pipes, Lloydz ATS+4deg., IAV, and TorqueTubes, Burleigh Bars)

Covered 21,000 kms in 6 months ownership...Another too good to be true story, must be something wrong with it!

There was nothing wrong at all, you get lucky sometimes..

Talked on phone, whacked a grand in his bank and flew to Melb with my helmet n Jacket next day.

Rode home to the Goldy on a permit/unreg, had a ball on the trip with no number plate :-)

Found out she has very high limits, does everything right,

Has not the ground clearance of my GPZ900r, nor the oil leaks of my '73 XS650...both sold to help pay for my Vegas.

Haven't looked back, was a solo , but not for long, added Victory pillion touring seat, footpegs, and backrest and made my throwover bags into lock ons with 'Easybrackets;' and a Vic tach.....All bought thru eBay from the U.S.A. 

Did the Victory HID.com headlight update HI/LO  (Brilliant lights!)

After my performance enhancements I took the bike along to Steve at Powerhouse Dynotune at Nerang and he fitted a Power Commander 5, and tuned the bike to perfection.

I use Penrite M/C 10-50 semi-syn.(4 litres), topped off with 250ml Lucas oil stabilister, now she's well run in.

(now got a bit over 35,000 kms on the clock)

Could write much much more but that's the basics.

Chris.

RSS

Events

Victory Riders on Facebook

Follow The Victory Riders Network on Twitter

Get notification of the latest activity happening on the Victory Riders Network or any of the model specific sites in one place.
www.twitter.com/vrnetwork

Members

© 2019   Created by Victory Riders.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service