Victory Riders Network

The online community for riders & enthusiasts of Victory Motorcycles

Hi, on October-14, I'll be embarking on a Far Ride Challenge. Starting out of BP, Waverley Rd, Mt Waverley, VIC, for the first refuel and to get the all-important fuel docket, then fuel stops in Stawell and Beulah, then arriving in Mildura, to motel overnight. Next day, breakfast and refuel again, then North to Broken Hill (refuel), West to Cockburn SA, then double back to Broken Hill, then West to Silverton. By now there should be 1,000km on the odo, from Mt Waverley. At Silverton Hotel we met the Far Riders Club. They check the fuel dockets and so long as they're time-date stamped no earlier than 12:00PM, October-14, then you qualify as a Far Rider. But first you have to read all the info at their site and fill out an application: http://farriders.com.au/index.php Interested to Join.

After that I'll be overnighting at either Silverton or Broken Hill, then on to Adelaide, Portland, Melbourne, Spirit of Tasmania, Strahan, Hobart, Devonport, Melbourne, Eden, Batemans Bay, Canberra, Sydney, then Woolongong for the Harley Days Rally (They made it open to all riders), then home to Melbourne, via The Hume HWY.

BTW I was Tail End Charlie,on Sunday's run to Portsea. Giving you all a head start from Cafe Moto, I somehow miraculously appeared ahead of you at Flinders, let you all go past, then got moving, after the last guy was over the horizon. . Using my GPS I sort of got lost, ended up going up and down Arthur's Seat, found myself in Rosebud, then headed inland to Cape Skank, before finally arriving at Portsea. All part of Life's adventure. Cheers.

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi julian, we did a far ride last year to lake cargelligo nsw, we did 650ks before the meeting point and completed the other 350ks on the way home. still done the 1000ks in the 24 hour time frame. ps, i was trip leader on the portsea run.

RSS

Events

Victory Riders on Facebook

Follow The Victory Riders Network on Twitter

Get notification of the latest activity happening on the Victory Riders Network or any of the model specific sites in one place.
www.twitter.com/vrnetwork

Members

© 2018   Created by Victory Riders.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service