Victory Riders Network

The online community for riders & enthusiasts of Victory Motorcycles

Hi All  !!!

1st post here, so try and be kind !

I've now had my 2013 Hammer 8 Ball almost 4 weeks. Best. Bike. Ever.

I've put close to 3 k on the clock already :)

Which leads me to a few questions ....

Being ok with a spanner, I have decided to do the basic lube servicing myself .

Thoughts on Oil / Filter Brands and Combos ?

I K&N make a aftermarket one, but the service manager @ Vic Ashfield says I should use a factory one due to pressures etc etc ...

I think a good quality synthetic 20w40 would be the go for oil ...

Second question .... anyone had any experience with the Victory HID upgrades from VictoryHID.com ? Are they  worth it ? There is a shit load of roo's in Canberra and it would be nice to see them :)

Cheers all !

Roger

Views: 165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Roger,

Welcome to the club. Mate I run a K and N oil filter which is reliable, easy to clean and looks good albeit mostly out of view. I also use a Pro-One oil cooler which certainly looks good and allows more room at the engine front section for any kind of after market pipes you buy. I'll attach a photo of my bike so you can see it. The Victory bikes are really well made and these two mods are not necessary IMHO so I agree with the Vic shop. But they are functional and give your bike a different look. Your call. Once again welcome and keep up the addiction :-)

Attachments:

Roger Welcome

Stick with the Victory stuff just in case -Warranty hassles then once its out of warranty do it yourself. 

As for alternative oil filters, check out the Parts listing on Hammer-Riders.com (http://www.hammer-riders.com/parts.asp). There are several alternatives that work perfectly for Victory motors. I myself have used the Bosch 3323 ($6 US) on all my Victorys since 2000. 

RSS

Events

Victory Riders on Facebook

Follow The Victory Riders Network on Twitter

Get notification of the latest activity happening on the Victory Riders Network or any of the model specific sites in one place.
www.twitter.com/vrnetwork

Members

© 2019   Created by Victory Riders.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service