Victory Riders Network

The online community for riders & enthusiasts of Victory Motorcycles

Hi all,

I've been a HD owner for several years now and am getting tired of so many things rattling loose on my Harleys. I wanted to know from owners, do Victory bikes suffer from the same problem. Is it just a big VTwin thing?

Looking forward to the Sydney Australia store opening to see what the bikes look and feel like in real.

Views: 298

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Victory's do a lot of things, but "rattle" isn't one of them.  They are not a "low rpm" engines, although some folks try to do that... the idle about 900-1100 depending on the tuneup.  The new Vision's and Cross bikes are VERY smooth.  Not as smooth as a Honda maybe, but pretty smooth.  I had an '02 Classic Cruiser that I did 10+ hours per day rides on and that was a tank riding on square wheels compared to the newer bikes.
Nothing rattles like a Harley, and nothing sounds like a Harley.  The two are related.

I just purchased a Arlen Ness Vision and I have done only 2000km's and I'm impressed by the smoothness and rattle free ride. Gets lots of looks and questions( some are dickheads) toolbox not required.

My Son and I are riding from Melbourne to the Sydney for the opening with the Victory riders group organised by Victory.

We are based in Perth and are renting the bikes from Victory will be fantastic trip.

Cheers and you will not look back after you have owned one.Lou

Sydney store is now open!

Check it out and take one for a test ride, you will be impressed

Paul

Paul R said:

Paul

I thought it was opening at the end of the month? If i'd known that I would have gone today. I'll have a look on the weekend. Would have been good if Victory actually advertised the opening date more. Especially in the letter they sent me last month! Hopefully that sort of lack of information isn't an indication of the company's customer support. Thats something that HD dealers do.

The doors have only just opened to the new shop. The Official Grand Opening will be on 29/1.

Have a look at the discussion group Victory Motorcycle Owners - Australia and New Zealand on this website and you can read all about it.

Cheers,

Paul

Greg said:

Paul R said:

Paul

I thought it was opening at the end of the month? If i'd known that I would have gone today. I'll have a look on the weekend. Would have been good if Victory actually advertised the opening date more. Especially in the letter they sent me last month! Hopefully that sort of lack of information isn't an indication of the company's customer support. Thats something that HD dealers do.

Hi Greg,

I have had no problems with my Vegas [8000 kms] These bikes are 50 degree V twins,not 45 degree like HD,and are directly mounted to the frame,no need for rubber mounts.

I met a bloke in Montana who was on a Victory hammer '08 model,he said he used to ride HD's but kept breaking them,

he has had no problems with his Victory and 20000 miles on the clock.He said he rides hard and the way he left the servo

i would have to agree.

These Freedom power plants run with very little vibration.I am sure you will be impressed      Ron

I'v had my xc for a year now, no problems to report.  Very little vibration, if you buy one you'll never go back.  John
YEP thats the correct basic response isn't it - this Vistory XC has 3,000klms in 5 weeks so its probably not an example but in saying that after decades of HDs (and I still my LOVE HD collection - check my pics) I believe Victorys will NOT have that problem at all, check out the design carefully and you'll see far more sophisticated engineering practices in Victory product. Confidence/comfort/reliability is what I feel every time I ride it. Cheers and try one.

Bob Power said:
Nothing rattles like a Harley, and nothing sounds like a Harley.  The two are related.
18,000 kays on my 08 Kingpin and all has been hassle free.  There's a rider in the USA who has done, I believe, over 100,000 miles with just routine maintenance.

Hi,

I have had two 1200 Sportsters, and have ridden all types of Buells and Harleys except the V rod, and all of them were nowhere as smooth or well put together as My Victory Vegas, which is pulling 4.2 seconds to 60 mph and is like a turbine at 90 mph, no vibes at any revs, get on one and be amazed, The Victory motor is great, and very tunable, Lloydz in the States is getting over 200 bhp reliably out of the motor !!

Regards Bobelpfan

Hi

I have been looking at the technical side, the Victory motor uses a total of 8 seals and gaskets and is oil tight, a Big Twin motor has 63 and is not !, also Victory uses components designed in the last decade or so, Harley's are either laid out in 1936 or 1957 in principle,accordingly they struggle to cope with modern demands made of them !

Regards  Bob
Robert Lyford-Smith said:

Hi,

I have had two 1200 Sportsters, and have ridden all types of Buells and Harleys except the V rod, and all of them were nowhere as smooth or well put together as My Victory Vegas, which is pulling 4.2 seconds to 60 mph and is like a turbine at 90 mph, no vibes at any revs, get on one and be amazed, The Victory motor is great, and very tunable, Lloydz in the States is getting over 200 bhp reliably out of the motor !!

Regards Bobelpfan

RSS

Events

Victory Riders on Facebook

Follow The Victory Riders Network on Twitter

Get notification of the latest activity happening on the Victory Riders Network or any of the model specific sites in one place.
www.twitter.com/vrnetwork

Members

© 2020   Created by Victory Riders.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service