Victory Riders Network

The online community for riders & enthusiasts of Victory Motorcycles

Ok so I gotta ask.  Please bear with me as new to motorcycles, but is the 500 mile break in period as crucial as the dealer and Victory themselves say??  I'm dying over here baby-ing this thing.  It doesn't like, I don't like it.  I feel like I'm in high school again with the hottest chic around waiting for her parents to leave.

Thanks

M

Views: 253

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just recieved my new 2012 Hammer 8 Ball. You think you have it bad, I not only have to do the break-in but I have to wait another 4-5 months to even begin! Yikes, gonna be a long winter.

Congrats Kevin! Talk about a bitter sweet purchase though. Its winter here as well...but its also 80 degreesF, try and figure that one out. Its a meteorological anomaly. I'm not complaining though. Nice choice on the hammer, that was my second choice. Don't think you can go wrong with any Vic. I guess in your case...patience really is a virtue.

So I hit the 500 mile mark on my way in this morning.  Now I feel all grow'd up! ;)

Still debating on taking it in to the dealer as they want 300bills for the service.  Seems absurdly high for an oil change and a once over of the bike.  Might just do it myself.  Oil change is obviously a no brainer, but the rest...well I don't know all that they do, so the jury is still out.

Pics are up BTW

bit steep for first service mate my dealer here in perth charged $150 aud that is bloody good value congrats on 500 miles now can really enjoy your ride safe riding matthew

RSS

Events

Victory Riders on Facebook

Follow The Victory Riders Network on Twitter

Get notification of the latest activity happening on the Victory Riders Network or any of the model specific sites in one place.
www.twitter.com/vrnetwork

Members

© 2017   Created by Victory Riders.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service