Victory Riders Network

The online community for riders & enthusiasts of Victory Motorcycles

Hi All,
I own an 01 v92c
Sometimes, when i am running thru the gears from a stop, i get a noise from the drivetrain.
Its not really a chirp, more of a small rattle or something like that.
Im wondering if the clutch needs adjustment, or is it the belt?
Seems to happen more when the bike isnt up to full temp.
Any ideas?
Also, how is the clutch adjusted?

Views: 153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How many miles on your scoot? Have the rear bearings ever been replaced? Also check the front drive sprocket. They have been known to come loose on the earlier models. Have had many miles on a 00C and an 02 TCD and never had the clutch adjusted.
bubba said:
How many miles on your scoot? Have the rear bearings ever been replaced? Also check the front drive sprocket. They have been known to come loose on the earlier models. Have had many miles on a 00C and an 02 TCD and never had the clutch adjusted.
Thanks Bubba
Ok, rear bearings never replaced
27,000 miles
Front drive sprocket is ok, not loose
Went for a ride last nite, and the noise was back again, except....
it seemed like when i let the clutch fly, i mean really let it out quick, almost like it seated itself, on the plate, no noise
i could just be way out in right field here, but i am having one helluva time trouble shooting this damn thing.
It does not run bad at all, seems like clutch doesnt slip, good power, I AM STUMPED!
Me too. Sorry I am out of ideas. I would change the barrings though.
I get that same thing on my 03 Classic Cruiser. 2 me it sounds like a high pitched sound like a chirp almost. I beleave it is comeing from the clutch. It only makes that noise when takeing of from 1st gear and Im giveing it alot of throtle. I do not hear it while going thrue the gears. Do you hear what it is you are hearing under normal rideing and I mean not while your given her all she's got like I mostly do LOL?
bubba said:
Chris said:
I get that same thing on my 03 Classic Cruiser. 2 me it sounds like a high pitched sound like a chirp almost. I beleave it is comeing from the clutch. It only makes that noise when takeing of from 1st gear and Im giveing it alot of throtle. I do not hear it while going thrue the gears. Do you hear what it is you are hearing under normal rideing and I mean not while your given her all she's got like I mostly do LOL?
bubba said:
Thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You got it Chris, thats exactly what happens, give it the throttle, it makes that damn noise, and like i said, it seems like when i let the clutch out hard it doesnt make that noise.
Well thats when I do hear it! When leting the clutch out hard. lol and it is a very good Idea to change those wheel bearings anyway. You don't want happening to you what did me. The bearings let go in the midle of know whare I did manege to ride the bike to my destination but ya the bearing was disinagrated and it ate up the hub pretty good. (beond repair) I priced a new spoked wheel at my dealer and was told 1000 bucks! Luckly I found another dealer that had a near new one for 250 bucks! Now I change the wheel bearings every time I change the tire.

Steven Stanley said:
Chris said:
bubba said:
Thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You got it Chris, thats exactly what happens, give it the throttle, it makes that damn noise, and like i said, it seems like when i let the clutch out hard it doesnt make that noise.
Oh man, am I glad to see I'm not the only one with this. I have spent hours going over the bike and cannot find the cause of this. Mine too is when it is cold and it sounds like something metallic dragging or clanging away on someting else metallic. The dealer could not find it either. I removed the baffles, belt guard, gear cover and still it does it. THE WIERD THING IS THIS ALL STARTED AFTER THEY DID MY 7500 MILE CHECK UP. Anyone else know a solution?
I have developed what sounds like a similar sound on my 2007 Hammer at only 10,000 miles. Mine however seems to have nothing to do with the clutch. Mine sounds like a muffled clatter, especially noticeable at 50mph in fourth gear at low rpm,
but I hear it much of the time. My son riding next to me described it as a whine. No performance effect that I can detect.
Sounds like drive train noise, no noise when not moving.Did you figure out the origin of your noise yet.
Yes Bob, It's the belt. Have your dealer re-align and re-set the tension. Also while Victory won't publicly admit it they are replacing the rear sprocket with a newer design that appears to have deeper grooves. So hopefully you can ask to have that done under warranty. I found that even Arlen Ness will replace their defectve rear sprocket as well so right now I am a very hapy camper and pleased to find both stood behind their product. (Now if only Chrysler would do the same for my wife's car!)

Robert (Bob) Kelty said:
I have developed what sounds like a similar sound on my 2007 Hammer at only 10,000 miles. Mine however seems to have nothing to do with the clutch. Mine sounds like a muffled clatter, especially noticeable at 50mph in fourth gear at low rpm,
but I hear it much of the time. My son riding next to me described it as a whine. No performance effect that I can detect.
Sounds like drive train noise, no noise when not moving.Did you figure out the origin of your noise yet.

RSS

Events

Victory Riders on Facebook

Follow The Victory Riders Network on Twitter

Get notification of the latest activity happening on the Victory Riders Network or any of the model specific sites in one place.
www.twitter.com/vrnetwork

Members

© 2020   Created by Victory Riders.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service