Victory Riders Network

The online community for riders & enthusiasts of Victory Motorcycles

I'm looking for an intecom that I can use on my Vision (not the CB/Intercom that Victory sells) I've looked at Chatterbox and J&M a little but would like to hear from riders that have tried these or other brands and know what their highs and lows are. Any comments would be appreciated!!

Ride Safe, Ride Often!!

Rick

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am using the Scala Rider Teamset. It is a bluetooth headset, that also connects with my cell phone, although I mostly just use the intercom. It works relatively well, although the volume could be a bit louder. I had a problem with it at highway speeds on my Harley (really loud pipes), but it seems to work fairly well on my Vision. It installs easily on each helmet (if I can do it, anyone can do it), but because of its position, I ultimately bought the extended microphones for each helmet to keep the mics right in front of our mouths.

I have been using this set up for several months, and it works fairly well for me. I really like that I don't have to add anything to the bike, or to be hard wired to anything. And from what I have heard about the intercom/CB for the Vision, I am really glad I am using the Teamset. By the way, I got it through Amazon.com at a better price that other retailers.

Good luck.
Michael said:
I am using the Scala Rider Teamset. It is a bluetooth headset, that also connects with my cell phone, although I mostly just use the intercom. It works relatively well, although the volume could be a bit louder. I had a problem with it at highway speeds on my Harley (really loud pipes), but it seems to work fairly well on my Vision. It installs easily on each helmet (if I can do it, anyone can do it), but because of its position, I ultimately bought the extended microphones for each helmet to keep the mics right in front of our mouths.

I have been using this set up for several months, and it works fairly well for me. I really like that I don't have to add anything to the bike, or to be hard wired to anything. And from what I have heard about the intercom/CB for the Vision, I am really glad I am using the Teamset. By the way, I got it through Amazon.com at a better price that other retailers.

Good luck.
Michael said:

Good luck.
Thanks for the reply, I was beginning to wonder if anybody out there had any thoughts. I have heard a little about Scala Rider but hadn't spoken to anyone that had used the system before. I'll have to do a little more research on it.

Again Thanks....

Ride Safe, Ride Often!!

Rick
I had the J&M on my Harley Heritage Classic and the CB and intercom sounded great. Everyone commented on how good the CB 'talked'...........it was clear and had zero static. I had an XM plugged into the J&M system and it was load and clear.

Hope that helps
Thanks for the response, I'm still looking but anytime I get a note from someone with first hand experience with a system it sure helps!!

Ride Safe, Ride Often!!

Rick
I have had the same question. I would like to talk to my passenger and bike to bike. But I really don't know which way to go either, I do want bluetooth. I have looked into the chatter boxes due to the wireless. I don't want to be hard wired and neither does my wife.
I'm using the Nolan Ncom system with Bluetooth. It is a bit pricey, you need to have the Nolan helmets and they are limited to two styles. Fairly easy to install, very important to have all connections tight. The three button control panel has a thin profile on the side of the helmet. No cables so it works bike to bike. Range is about 30-40 yards. My passenger has also been known to make phone calls, for privacy, the intercom is shutdown down while a phone is active. Lot of options available to use ipods & mp3 players. Volumes are adjusted individually, and voice and music are clear. Battery last for about seven hours, the systems give you plenty of warning before shutting down. There is a plug in the helmet for the charging adapter. Light on the adapter turns from red to green to indicate a charged battery.
Thanks for the reply Dave. I have an older Nolan helmet (3-4 years old). It is the flip face style and it seems like the chin bar is really close to my mouth so I'm curious if a microphone would even fit in there. What do you think?

Thanks again!

Ride Safe, Ride Often!!

Rick
Ya gotta realize that the N-com systems are not designed for the older helmets, that why they are are pricey. Their new N-102 may have different space dimensions, I don't know. I have the N-42 NCOM. The microphone is designed to move out of the way when not in use. I put it up on the side at eye level. In use, I keep the the mic almost touching my mouth. So with the flip front down(N102) the mic doesn't need much room.
I purchased Nolan Helmets with the bluetooth intercom, It works great, phone and music capabilities also work great. Best system out there. Good luck
Earle
I use the Camos 600. It has two bluetooth channels. Normally, I use one channel for cell phone and the other to tell my kid to sit down. I have also used one channel for cell phone and the other for my bluetooth MP3 player. I also have used just channel one for the pnone and the A2DP ability to play music from the phone itself.
A very versatile tool. One small complaint is that the connector from the mic/speakers to the unit is rather large, so it can be difficult to tuck the wires away. The other is that I have not found a way to do bike to bike. There are Bluetooth FRS/GMRS radios out there, but I have not tried them. I think Benchmark Helmets (the Camos distributor) is working on a dongle that will work with most frs radios that have external headset plugs.
I tried an older model Chatterbox and was unhappy with reliability and the service.
I tried the Scala teamset but it hod no A2DP ability.

RSS

Events

Victory Riders on Facebook

Follow The Victory Riders Network on Twitter

Get notification of the latest activity happening on the Victory Riders Network or any of the model specific sites in one place.
www.twitter.com/vrnetwork

Members

© 2019   Created by Victory Riders.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service